It Really Is A Time for Reflection On What Is FraternityMarch 19, 2015
Spring 2015 EditionMarch 20, 2015
Resumes can be submitted to the National Fraternity Office electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
109 Oxford Way
Neptune, NJ 07753
Position Title –Director for Development
Location – National Headquarters; Neptune, New Jersey
Compensation – Commensurate with education and experience; health, dental benefits; SEP/IRA.
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Serve as the chief development officer of the organization and will lead and direct all capital, annual, and planned giving efforts with a primary emphasis on Annual fund / unrestricted giving.
- Responsible for building and developing an organization-wide alumni and undergraduate relations and development programs which will result in meaningful and lasting relationships with the purpose of increasing financial support to the organization.
- Will execute a personal solicitation programs maximizing the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects for gifts at the $1000+ level as well as managing our ongoing portfolio of 75 to 125 current prospects and donors.
- Will support, work with, and provide fundraising counsel to the Chief Executive Officer of Alpha Chi Rho, and volunteer leadership of both the National Fraternity, and Alpha Chi Rho Educational Foundation, Inc., including current programs and new initiatives created by either.
- The Director for Development will be evaluated based on actual performance in increasing overall financial support for the Foundation, the development of positive relationships with current and prospective donors, and effectively administering the operations of the Foundation. The Director of Development will consult with the CEO and others he appoints to create measurable and attainable goals to be evaluated by.
- Other duties include database input, meetings, travel, evening and weekend activities, teamwork, juggling of multiple tasks and demands as well as regular communications with the CEO and President and their designees via printed summaries of job activities.
- Minimum Qualifications – A Bachelor’s Degree is required with three years of professional fundraising, including planned giving experiences or appropriate related experiences. Candidates should also have experience interacting with and coordinating the work of volunteers, knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Regular attendance is required in this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship