Garnet Knight ChallengeSeptember 15, 2020
Alexander C. Bartlett “Well” Endowment Press ReleaseOctober 12, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Recommendations from COVID – 19 Coalition on Fraternity’s Strategic Plan
September 18, 2020
Neptune, New Jersey
On May 16, the National Council commissioned a Coalition to be formed to address the following question: “How does Alpha Chi Rho stay relevant and impactful to our members during this pandemic and beyond?”
The Coalition, consisting of thirty-six Brothers from sixteen Chapters, met five times from May to July discussing various topics and the Fraternity’s 2018-2020 strategic plan. The Fraternity thanks these Brothers for their time and effort this summer.
The staff intends to complete each of these items by December 31, 2020:
- Improve the current learning outcomes for leadership training programs, including work flows and formal follow-ups with delegates to continue networking and member development,
- Improve the current advisor model, including training modules, review metrics, and advisor recognition,
- Create and implement a marketing and recruitment guide highlighting branding, social media, and return on investment for members,
- Create and implement a virtual NME Program for all members,
- Create and implement a communication plan for potential new members, Postulants, and parents about requirements of membership,
- Create and implement a Chapter brotherhood communication plan with member and officer responsibilities,
- Standardize officer training and transition for all Chapter officers,
- Create and standardize the judicial / standards board process for all Chapters, and
- Create and implement a guide to better celebrate members transitioning from Resident status to Graduate status.
While working on these items, the National Council and staff have been working on the new eighteen month strategic plan for the Fraternity. The Council and staff hopes to begin this new plan in January 2021.
CEO / Executive Director