The Fraternity’s insurance program includes member accident protection insurance as a benefit of membership. This covers all undergraduate Brothers of Alpha Chi Rho who meet the following requirements:
- In good standing with Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity
- Membership has been reported to Alpha Chi Rho Administrative Office
- All pledge, Initiation, undergraduate and risk management/insurance dues have been paid
- Currently enrolled at the college or university where your Chapter is located. If the accident occurs during summer or holiday break, you must have been enrolled during the prior school term and be enrolled for the next term.
The policy carries a $100,000 Accidental Medical Expense and/or Dental Injury Accident limit, a $5,000 Accidental Dismemberment and/or Accidental Death benefit, and a 52 week Benefit Period. The insurance carrier is Markel Insurance Company. Accident must be reported within 180 days of the accident. Reporting delays may cause your claim to be denied or benefit payment to be delayed.
This insurance is intended to complement the health insurance you should already have through your parents or in your own name. This is not a substitute for primary health insurance. This is supplemental ACCIDENT ONLY protection and does not provide any protection for medical costs arising out of a SICKNESS. This policy pays eligible medical expenses that are not recoverable from any other insurance policy, service contract or workers compensation policy. This policy will reimburse deductibles and co-pays of health insurance programs.
Learn more about specific exclusions to MAPP coverage below:
- Expenses for treatment on or to the teeth, except for treatment resulting from injury to natural teeth
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, and examination for the prescription or fitting thereof
- Suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury
- Injury due to participation in a riot
- Cosmetic surgery
- Loss resulting from air travel, except as a fare-paying passenger on a commercial airline
- Injury or sickness resulting from any declared or undeclared war
- Injury or sickness while in the armed forces of any country
- Injury or sickness covered by any worker’s compensation or occupational disease law
- Treatment provided in a government hospital unless the Insured is legally obligated to pay such charges
- Infections except pyogenic or bacterial infections caused wholly by a covered injury or sickness
- Claims occurring while parachuting or hang-gliding
- Expenses covered by any other policy
- Hernia in any form
- Sickness or disease, in any form
- Fighting, unless an innocent victim
- Injuries due to intramural tackle football, hockey, or rugby. All other intramural activities are covered
- All intercollegiate sport participation including off-season conditioning
- Injuries resulting from the use of any narcotic unless administered on the advice of a physician.
Note: The listed exclusions are for illustration and does not list all exclusionary terms of the policy.
TO REPORT A CLAIM
When calling to report a claim, participants should reference they are reporting the claim as a Brother of Alpha Chi Rho and provide the name of the Chapter where they are a Brother and college/university where they are a student. All claims should be reported to:
Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice
13810 FNB Parkway Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
Phone: (800) 736.4327, ext. 4188
Fax: (800) 328.0522